Help with new Android phone.

SamH

Just got the Samsung Galaxy Ace today and I'm having a few issues with getting EStrong File Explorer to connect to my computer.

Does anyone have experience with this program and a Windows 7 PC?

Thanks!

I dont use any fancy software

From http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=56433

Does the phone have wireless?

My Huawei 8100 is dead easy to get photos/files off via usb

plug in USB cable

select "USB Connected" from the phone status menu

turn on USB Storage

watch as it removable disk appairs in the OS on the PC

photos are in the folder DCIM

Don't blame the equipment, blame the user.

The easiest way is to connect the phone via USB and making the phone connect as a disk drive, you should be able to do this by selecting it in the pop up on the home screen or in the notifications drop down. This way it'll act like a USB flash drive. There isn't any point trying to make it more complex than it needs to be.

I hate getting windows to play nicly with file sharing over the network, some times it will just jot work then all of a suddon with no changes it will start and then run fine :facepalm:

Does the wifi work on the phone, can you get an internet connection via wifi?

You have file sharing turned on on the PC?

You dont have wireless sepperation turned on in the router?

Yes I can get wifi on the phone, it was one of the first things I did.

Yes I do.

I don't think so, strangely I accidentally accessed an old laptop running XP.

The phone can see the computer but just can't gain access to it. The computer however, has no knowledge of the phone except via USB and can't pick it up when it scans for devices.

Haha looks like a lot of people utilized the boxing day sales to buy new phones. I was going to get a samsung galaxy ace, since I just wanted a cheap android so I can look stuff up off the net on the go, and have working GPS. Ended up getting an LG optimus black since I saw it for only $80 more than the ace (ie it was $399). It's really quite a bit better, lighter, slimmer, bigger screen, better screen, better video quality, faster processor, same specs for the camera but Optimus black has 2MP internal camera while ace has none and most importantly, I've read that optimus black will be getting ics, while ace most likely will not. Then again, LG is really bad at providing the actual updates. Optimus black is supposed to have gingerbread, but LG keeps putting off the release. Still a good phone regardless though, and I definitely prefer the bigger screen.