Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

D.I.Y reptile hides????

Featured Replies

does anyone make there own D.I.Y leopard gecko hides that look nice :slfg: ?

also because commercial hides are so expensive!

is terra cotta pots or clay (granny a potter so could make) safe for reptiles? and terra cotta pot make good hides if cut in two? :dunno: and filled with moss?

photos would be great from anyone who has had experience with this! :hail:

cheers

mason

p.s. they have to blend in/look good as set-up in living room! :facepalm:

  • 1 month later...

I do a bit of woodworking and have dreamed of making some. You could make them from pottery. I use icecream containers--look ugly but work well as I add moist sphagnum moss and inspect them daily. Because of that I prefer them to have a base to keep the moss contained and to have a lid so I can get good access and make a hole in the side. When I get some good bits of natural wood I will give it a go. Could be a good excuse to shoot over to the west coast.

I built a DIY basking rock, can't see why you can use the same principle to make a cool hide?

Just depends on whether you like the look or not?

This was my first attempt at one.

MpeZR.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.