What company makes good headphones?

herperjosh

don't go fot the cheap sennheiser inear headphones, they really are crap put my mate on to a pair and he has had them replaced six times and they always kept blowing. I live in headphones and have owned pretty much every pair of every price range and have had to replace very very expensive ones too. you can't go wrong with a good pair of sennheisers though, they are amazing and built to last and the sound quality is a step above, but very expensive. but just like everything, you really do get what you pay for

The sennheiser in ear buds (the ones with the black rubber grommets) are rebranded logitech ear buds for twice (maybe 3x) the price. Literally the exact driver, casing, cables etc. You can get them as logitech for about $30-$50 and as sennheiser for $100+. It's cheeky but it's all the rage in brands these days. I suspect they got to the point where they'd need to invest a lot of money to make in ear speakers any better than what they could buy off the shelf so they stay focussed on their headphone market and rebrand the buds to ensure they have something in that category.

The sennheiser in ear buds (the ones with the black rubber grommets) are rebranded logitech ear buds for twice (maybe 3x) the price. Literally the exact driver, casing, cables etc. You can get them as logitech for about $30-$50 and as sennheiser for $100+. It's cheeky but it's all the rage in brands these days. I suspect they got to the point where they'd need to invest a lot of money to make in ear speakers any better than what they could buy off the shelf so they stay focussed on their headphone market and rebrand the buds to ensure they have something in that category.

I don't really listen to music (blasphemy, I know :nilly:) but I've used Sennheiser headsets for gaming purposes and the sound quality both through the mic and the headset have been excellent even with the cheapest pair. As for proper headphones, my bf has had a few portable folding sets and the sound through them is amazing, the only thing is that the padding on those would wear down so they're not indestructible. Their proper headphones do look a lot sturdier though, and although Sennheiser can be expensive, you can get some really nice ones on sale. At the very least i can tell that the sound quality on them is excellent (better than the skullcandy that my friend had) and with beats by dre, I feel that you'd be paying a lot more for the looks and the branding than the actual sound quality. Not saying that they're not good, but just seems expensive for what it is.

By the way I'm not sure if I saw someone mention phillips, but I'd stay well away from them. I've bought some before that look exactly the same as one of the Sennheiser headsets I have now, purchased them thinking they were the same thing. It had such terrible sound, it would have static and stopped working properly withing about 2 weeks, never had problems like that with the Sennheiser.