Like a bad penny,,

Fatman

Lets see,, my last logon was Mon Feb 23 2004 , :sage: and my name is still register'd on the forums :thup:

Well done to the forum admins for keeping my name on the list :hail::kiss:

I shifted to melbourne 5 years ago, hope im still welcome here ,

I am going t be setting up a 6ft x 2 x 2 ft tank here and hope to post the purchase , setup and running of the tank for new users can see how easy and somtimes hard new tanks can be.

Welcome Back, What sort of tank will you be setting up? What fish will it home?

Hello

It will be a freshwater, planted and will mainly be the home of clown loaches,

filtration will be with an 80 ltr sump and have a DIY co2 system, Twin 6ft T5 light tubes lighting 600 ltrs of water.

one of the chalenges here is the water quality and the summer temps that can be 40+ deg c over the summer, just right for overheating tank water

so a small water chiller designed for aquariums will be added.

I had 14 tanks in Christchurch and all the water came straight from the tap with no treatment or filtration and never had any problems, here may be a different story

may haveto invest in a RO/DI filter system to get perfect water to add into the tank.

Should be an intersting setup, just hope I can keep to one tank, or maybe 2, at the most 3 but definitly not 4 ,,, maybe :facepalm:

You will only be welcome if you give us a blow by blow account of the setting up - with pictures :wink:

Good to see you again.

Good to be back

Of course photos will be included, will be buying everything instead of making myself this time :thup:

Ill start a new topic in the correct forum after i get a couple of pics taken 8)