Leopard Gecko due to lay

emaytiti

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, damn wish I was in Auckland these things would be so much easier. Had a look at their bellies. The one I think is the furtherest along , her eggs look smaller than when I last looked? :o What should I look for in size of eggs? and What is not a good sign?

Sorry for all the questions, but first time with gravid leopards and starting to worry again.

I live in Christchurch and mine know a lot more about it than me.

Is this their first breeding season? Have they brumated? Are you sure they have eggs? When looked at from the bottom there should be an egg top left and bottom right. The eggs are easy to spot when ready to lay. There may be a spot bottom left which is a calcium deposit for the eggs. They can lay eggs between 2 and four weeks apart.

I think you may be looking at them too much and putting them off maybe?I recently got a female off tm and to be honest its not the friendliest lizard I have seen,in fact I think it may well be the unfriendliest lizard i have seen?I have never seen it eat or even come out,if i lift the lid of its hide box it will jump at me and give a hiss.I would imagine the best thing to do would be to provide the right conditions and let nature take its course?