Cheap pond?

calculator

I have my two adult red eared turtles in a pond out side, it is currently about 200L. I want to upgrade the pond size but have limited funds to do it with. What is the most cost effective way to get a pond for my turtles that doesnt cost much money, time and effort are not of as much concern.

I have thought about pond liners, but i am afraid my turtles will put holes in it which wouldnt be good, so if any one has had any experience with them please tell.

And also any other ideas would be much appreciated.

I would like to thank any one who gives ideas in advance, and sorry for rambling on.

You can get some thick black polythene that is pretty cheap. Double layer it, I doubt they will put holes in it. Ive seen dogs run around on it and not rip. just my opinion.

+1 dig a hole to the suiting of the pond, layer it with polythene and you're away, you can build a pen around it as well. Have a look on turtle forum for some builds and stuff, some of them are pretty massive :thup:

Good luck!

warehouse pond liners going strong here 3/4years on. actually one pond slowly leaks down about 10-15cm, but has done that since i set the thing up. must of punctured it with the driftwood i think.

if the ground has lots of rocks and tree roots, would be better off with butynol. Or maybe first, just put some old carpet/sand/soft soil, then put the warehouse liner down.