Yay a Petstop in Botany

mcrudd

http://www.petstopshop.co.nz/m.aspx?m=Aquatic

the-obstacle I am aware of the Animates but if I require a heater which is super over priced at Animates I need to drive all the way to Hollywoods, but now I can go to Petstop their prices are affordable :wink:

Zev that Puppy is soooo cute, but you are right I am going to have several grumpy fish if I get a puppy :slfg: However I can make up for it with all the nice stuff they sell there for fish.

Josh I read it Petshop the first time I went to them in Dominion road too :rotf: I am so glad they are here, now I don't have to drive so far just for my hikare algae wafers. Animates used to sell them, but they no longer do.

All in all, I just wanted to let you all know :happy2:

Josh I read it Petshop the first time I went to them in Dominion road too :rotf: I am so glad they are here, now I don't have to drive so far just for my hikare algae wafers. Animates used to sell them, but they no longer do.

If you're really keen on some wafers, I'll go half on 1kg with you from Ebay :)

What heaters do you buy? I usually buy Aquaone heaters off trade me

i have been into the petstop a couple of times now, i prefer animates and hollywood

may have to stop in there and look at the puppies now though!

its at 254 Ti-Rakau drive

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=East+Tamaki,+Auckland,+New+Zealand&hl=en&ll=-36.925709,174.891379&spn=0.002444,0.004823&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=39.592876,79.013672&vpsrc=6&geocode=FZRKzP0dbapsCg&t=h&z=18

I love them because their stuff is so nicely priced.

Really?? I find the opposite to be true. Everytime I go into a Petstop, it's only to kill time lol, I always leave empty-handed. If you compare the prices of say, fish food between Petstop and HFF, the difference is about $10-20. Their puppies are cute, but I won't buy fish from them. Their tanks are always covered in algae, have dead fish in them and generally don't show that they care for their fish as much as their furry animals. The two branches on Dominion Road and in Newmarket also have a couple of marine tanks which never have any fish inside but are constantly overrun with brown algae.

I hope that the branch in Botany is better managed, but if you're passing by the Dominion Road/ Newmarket branches, don't bother stopping by - you're better off driving a little bit more to get to HFF Mt Roskill.

I went there today and met the cute dog! My dog who's only a little (but has a lot of muscle) weighs almost 7kgs, the man says the poodle weighs 4 and it looks big compared to mine! It was amusing me that it's only a tiny dog under that big afro! He told me it's the "teddy bear cut". Both the puppies there today were super cute too!

There was a couple of nice looking goldfish but I went to look at the platies and even though I love red wag ones and there was some nice healthy looking ones I didn't buy any because the water was cloudy and greyish and some of the others looked a bit unhealthy. A couple of the angelfish looked a bit the same. Some of the tanks seemed very tiny too. :(

But I was pleased that two people asked if I needed help and didn't hang around for a sale when I said no like some of the other sales people do at other stores.

yea i been into petstop alot of the times and i have no problem with getting service from them they actually follow me around like im going to steal something lol and they dont listen on how to care for there COASTAL bearded dragon

lol! I agree! Their service is almost TOO good haha. When you enter, someone will approach you and ask if you need help. You say no, they move on. Someone ELSE will walk out of the storeroom or another part of the store, see you and approach you and ask if you need help.

Haha, too much of a good thing can be bad (or maybe there's no pleasing some people :roll:)