Who repairs fishtank cracks?? Glaziers not interested..

vavoli

Ahhh cool thanks everyone :) I hadn't seen the main tanks damage, but the top left hand corner of the front panel has come away... which of course caused the tank to drain! A 3am rude awakening! So i have got the tank now and i think just some silicone will do the job.

There are no cracks in the glass itself, just the silicone needs doing. So do i just put the glue on thick and hold it there? Can i trust that the glue will hold it in place?

It's a 200L tank.

I have two other tanks, one 200L with the bottom panel which has a massive crack along the bottom, unsure if silicone will do the trick there. It's all in place but the crack goes from one end to the other, i would be a bit concerned filling it with water.

The other tank just has a turtle bridge in it that needs to be removed... Do i take to it with a craft knife??!! :dunno:

So excited to be setting up a tank again!!! You'll all be kept posted. :thup: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Yeah Id just cut a piece to the right size/shape and glue it in place. If it just needs re-sealing then that's even easier. Cracked base will need replacing if the cracks go under the bracing, otherwise a patch might do.

Your welcome to bring it over and repair it, otherwise drop it off and I'll take care of it for you. PM me for my address, I'm in Greerton so it might be a little out of the way.