Leopard geckos or Native geckos?? I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!

Mazonic

hey

I am trying to choose between leopard geckos or native geckos :dunno: .( i know about the permit!)

i want a gecko i can watch, feed and sometimes pick up or touch?

and won't break my bank.

i am also interesting in breeding one of the above so any help would be great thanks.

cheers

Mason :dunno:

Both. I have leps and beardies and only handle them enough so that they don't panic when you pick them up. If you want something to cuddle best to get a kitten.

I know that i only mean pick up when needed and to check health

my kitten loves cuddles!!!!! :slfg:

how much does it cost to set up a beardie??? they look awesome and are active during the day!

Leps are nocturnal so are most active at sunrise and sunset. They will spend vitually all day in a hide. Beardies will spend nearly all day basking in the heat.

Thats the most time im at home so perfect!

3 leopard geckos

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=409207230

beardie and enclosure

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=409063971'

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Pets-animals/Reptiles-turtles/Other/auction-408979806.htm

haven't got 3k lying around damm!!!!

but they are soo cool. have the government stop letting people import them?

i was also looking a getting blue tongues. but since im in auckland can't get them i think? ( can i)

cheers

You could get a nocturnal native like a forest gecko or a goldstripe gecko. Besides the permit getting a native lizard is free and dont neeed heating like the leopard gecko.

You can handle natives theya re a bit skittish though so if just to check health i would say natives would be better choice over leopard geckos

You could get a nocturnal native like a forest gecko or a goldstripe gecko. Besides the permit getting a native lizard is free and dont neeed heating like the leopard gecko.

You can handle natives theya re a bit skittish though so if just to check health i would say natives would be better choice over leopard geckos

i know forest a permit A is a gold stripe one as well?

also might try to get some auckland greens or northlands

im not sure?

It would pay to check the feedback on the person selling the leps on trademe

ooooh he seems to have bad feedback ?

i have some average feedback but i did everything right sent it( when they get it they say they haven't and want half the money back :slfg: nice try buddy ( track and trace signed off!!! :an!gry )

i want depends of his reserve maybe yes maybe no !

Natives seem cheaper is there anybody the handles there's regularly?

cheers