External Heaters?

FraserNZ

I have two tanks heated from underneath by a pad made by Argus Industries, You give them the footprint and the wattage and they make one up for you. You need to connect a thermostat to it. You are best to leave the bottom bare (I have one 1200 x 450 x 450 divided into 6 sections that I used for breeding killies. I also have a plantd tank the same size but you need to keep the edia shallow and even or you will have all sorts of problems with the hysteresis.

The thermostat is wired in. I too have an under tank heat pad like Alan's. I also have the directions for making them from scratch but take no responsibility if something goes wrong. You need electrical knowledge to do it. PM me if you want the instructions.

The thermostat is wired in. I too have an under tank heat pad like Alan's. I also have the directions for making them from scratch but take no responsibility if something goes wrong. You need electrical knowledge to do it. PM me if you want the instructions.

I don't really have the knowledge to really be messing with that kinda thing. What would it cost to get someone qualified to make one up for me?

Kiwiplymouth, I do like the look of that... did you order it off that site? If so, can you remember how much it ended up costing, and did you have to mount in on anything?

Cheers,

F