Any vintage car nuts from Auck?

Caryl

We are looking at a vintage car on Trademe. It is in Auckland. Anyone here knowledgeable about them, or know someone who would be willing to go and have a look at it for us? Preferably someone who is a vintage car enthusiast who knows what to look for.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/chrysler/auction-404897954.htm

Not at all. Apart from the fact he never actually proposed, he had a 1974 Jensen Healey convertible :wink:

There would be more room in the other one though as the Jensen didn't have a back seat :D

He is a good vintage himself though and will be 61 this month :sage:

• 1 month later...

You can see a ute on your window???

The car goes very well and has been out and about regularly (any excuse he can get)

It went to Motueka to be introduced to Grant's 91 year old dad, who loved it and enjoyed a ride.

It has been to the local Vintage Car Club meeting and admired by those present. They also had offers of all sorts of spare parts should they be needed. He is signing up to the club but they do not seem to accept DC, only cash (which he didn't have on him) or cheques (which we don't have either). Members seem to be as old fashioned as their cars :lol:

It has been to the garage 2x to be re-fueled.

The grandkids (not) have been for a ride in it too.

I suspect it might be going to the next MX5 meeting :sml1:

Unfortunately, until I have my surgery, I am limited in how far I can go in it as there is little back support, no lateral support, and no seatbelts.

It is still stuck outside while the garage is cleaned out but by this weekend hopefully a space will have been cleared.

that ute would be my 'newest' car, a bright PINK HZ kingswood

only real men can drive pink cars.

Good to hear youve been enjoying it throughly, but surely you cant take something other than a MX-5 to a MX-5 meeting? must be against the rules.