Wrigglers!

Vervo

Yea have been doing that.

Hey the Female is doing something odd. She keeps throwing the babies off every once in a while and moving away from them,

is this normal?

yes it is normals, you might even see the parents taking turns are feeding them, the do get ride of them because after a while it will annoy them, like most kid do to their parents :facepalm: :lol:

yes it is normals, you might even see the parents taking turns are feeding them, the do get ride of them because after a while it will annoy them, like most kid do to their parents :facepalm: :lol:

At the moment, the fry are spread between the male and female, the pair are still separated with the egg crate, the fry seem to be finding there way through it fine.

Looks like the female has become annoyed with the fry, shes dumped them in a corner of the tank. The male is putting up with it for now lol

do you no not to leave the parents in with them to long as they will get annoyed as the babies eat the slim coat (discus milk) so when they are big enough to eat brime shrimp remove the parents, try to feed them atleast 3 times a day if possible, this is important for them to get out of the "danger zone"

do you no not to leave the parents in with them to long as they will get annoyed as the babies eat the slim coat (discus milk) so when they are big enough to eat brime shrimp remove the parents, try to feed them atleast 3 times a day if possible, this is important for them to get out of the "danger zone"

From what ive been reading, i should be introducing brine shrimp after 5 days of free swimming as a supplement, and remove the parents at the latest 14 days after free swimming, and then full diet brine shrimp 4-6 times per day.

yes that is correct, and when they are big enough to eat brime shrimp you can do water changes every day but only do 10-15 %, this will improve there growth

I was planning on doing water changes every day around 25% even with fry in the tank (at this stage, 1 day free swimming). Should i not be doing this?

you can introduce brine shrimp at day 4 or 5 but generally they don't take it eagerly till day 7 or 8

When it comes to discus there is no substitute for water changes and the more the better

But at one day free swim its perfectly fine to do small frequent water changes

By the time they are eating brine shimp you need to be doing at least 50% daily

You will know when to remove the parents if you watch them closely they will be your best guide

If they looked stressed or agro towards each other then remove

I try and leave them as long as possible, 2 or even 3 weeks if you can

An update:

Day 3 of free swimmers,

All seems to be going good!

However tonight the fry seem to be hiding under the sponge filter. Ill probably wake up in the morning and they will be back on the parents and fine,

just wondering if this is normal behavior?

We turned off the night light for a bit and they have come out from under the filter, i was under the impression a dim light needed to be on for them

to find the parent? Could they be hiding from the light?