Lettuce and bearded dragons

Jangonz

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what it actually is about lettuce and why you can't feed it to beardies?

I have been reading that you shouldn't feed them lettuce but it never really seems to say why.

Then I also read somewhere that it is ok to feed them lettuce.

Does anyone know what is true and the explanation?

Cheers!

Yea we use dandelion at the moment and also puha when we find it ( we don't have puha on the property).

We were also told that wandering willy, in a very very small dosage, isn't too bad but to much will cause diarrhea.

Lettuce is no good really, just chunks up the food bowl if your abit short on greens.

Its not about how many Reps you have, its about how well they are cared for, and how long you have owned them all. I know many who have heaps of Reps, but the care isnt as good as it should be, or the attention as much as they deserve. Its about how long you keep up that good care and attention, and how long it carries on for.

:slfg:

Yes, that's exactly right.

We only have the one and we are constantly finding new ideas and ways to give him the best care possible.

We put in fresh food every day but he never runs to it and we very rarely see him eating. He just won't eat when we are around except for his wax worms.

He is very active and is currently racing round like a lunatic in the lounge as I type this.

Yea I will give that ago, thanks mate.

He does eat, he just won't when ever we are there watching. He usually stays pretty still in his enclosure when we are around except if there are the wax worms in there.

We have had him since 29th May. He is very active when he is not in his enclosure and he is still very alert in his enclosure. So I'm not sure what's going on. I have a thread on the Welcome section with him and his set up. With his set up, there have been a couple of changes than what the photo shows. Big one being his light. He no longer has a coil UVB. He now has 2 Repti-glo 5.0s