Black Beard

opticalblue

i wouldn't recommend double dosing, that seems to end in disaster. I dosed as directed to get rid of my BBA.

ive had issues when putting the flourish excel directly into the tank as the fish seem to think its food so swim straight into a concentrated mix - but ive had no issues when ive been mixing it in a bucket of water first.

Isn't flourish excel a fertiliser designed for aquarium plants? I didn't think it got rid of algae, my understanding was that it adds nutrience to help your other plants grow, more growth in your aquarium plants means less left over nutrience for the algae to feed on and eventually it starves? As they will both compete for nutrience. Lowering your lights on times and getting the right colour spectrum of light can also do the same thing no? or am i completly wrong?

This would mean that squirting flourish directly onto algae is probably doing nothing accept feeding the algaE?