Advice on Fertilizers

Nymox

Hey all,

Looking to get some advice on ferts for my 240 ltr, I have never really played with ferts others then flourish excel on smaller tanks.

At the moment the tank is just running daltons propagating mix, about an inch deep. The lighting is 2x 15w t8, one 15000k the other 12000k.

There is my "rangi" co2 system running too at 1.5 bps. pH is 6.5. Fish are discus, sterbai cories, whiptails, cockatoos, bolivian rams and I will be adding cardinals and marble hatchets when I can too.

So I need something that doesn't cost the earth, and is easy too use. The plants I will be growing are all sword plants if that makes a difference to what kind of fert would be best. I get the feeling this is where my plants are lacking, there is good growth but its not great, I currently don't add any ferts what so ever.

Thanks in advance for the advice and replies. I am down to one tank now so I want it to reach its full potential.

Matt

If you are only growing sword plants and no other stems or anything like that then all you need is a JBL ball or three (or five+ if the sword is massive) under each sword and that should last around a year.

They only supply micronutrients. If you have good CO2, and good light you will need macronutrient as well.

Sorry, I must have been misinformed :oops:

In that case Ill have to mix something up for my swords :thup: