Peru Altum angels

David R

David there are 2 as that name of of Brazil and Peru ..You only confuse people..

I'm the one who is confused now. Are you saying the "Peru Altum" form of P. scalare is in Brasil as well as Peru?

AFAIK the true species P. altum comes from Venezuela, Colombia and only the extreme north of Brasil, not Peru. But they're two totally different fish, the "Peru Altum" is a different species to the real altum, P. altum.

This is been around the world as the biggest talk subject with the world of exporters for about 30 + years that i know of and story is that an importer had holding ponds and tanks near peru for fish from all over including Brazil ,Venezuela..Peru

A super flood wash all in the the rivers of Peru including many angels and now it is believe thay they actually are the same angel breeding in black water instead of white as in venezuela..

Except for the bar missing to full develop thats known as the real difference and some from both lines have slightly turned up noses...

All be happy that they are here as the losses inporting mean they are unlikely to be imported again....

Ps.. Two Pairs sold and i have keeped just one pair and there are no smaller here.... :nfs:

I'm still not sure which fish you're talking about, I have heard many varying stories about collected fish escaping from facilities and establishing themselves in non-native rivers, but I'm still not sure what this means for the Peru Altum variant of P. scalare.

Except for the bar missing to full develop thats known as the real difference and some from both lines have slightly turned up noses..

Are you suggesting that a single stripe is the only real difference between the Peru Altums and the true species Pterophyllum altum?