Opinion about a co2 kitset

mcrudd

Or you could be a cheap az student like me! I have seriously DIY lighting and DIY Co2 and two of these on my 6 foot

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=384681162

6x3l juice bottles, 3 hooked up to each, ridiculous amount of co2 being released like a micro bubble fog, looks awesome, Haven't added LED's yet as just waiting for transformer to turn up, but getting almost 2 inches of growth a day off the stem plants, even have some red/purple plants growing steady which Ive never been able to do.

$50 including yeast, juice bottles, sugar, diffusers and air line, you can get cheaper diffusers too, i just liked these ones, the spiral looks mint! My current lighting in total has cost around $50 too lol

Can get KG's of unrefined white sugar and bakers yeast really cheap from Moore wilsons! No doubt the cheapest way to add effective co2 to any tank!

3l juice bottle $5 from supermarket, 3m air tubing $4.50 from pet store, yeast and sugar from supermarket. very easy to do!

My method:

half full with one and a half cups white sugar disolved into warm water, let cool for a bit then add a teaspoon of yeast, takes off within a couple of hours and goes strong for 3-4 weeks

If you buy a ceramic diffuser (like this ) I can give you everything you need for a DIY setup. Including a recipe for replacing the yeast mix when it slows down.

I have my setup from before I went pressurised sitting here needing some love/use.

That is so kind of you, sorry I did not see this earlier. I will have a chat with my hubby and get back to you via pm :thup:

That is so kind of you, sorry I did not see this earlier. I will have a chat with my hubby and get back to you via pm :thup:

I think DIY in your tak will work really well. I read that even under low to moderate light plants will increase rate of growth 5x or more when CO2 is introduced. With good Co2 ferts and light plants can grow 15x :smln: which is why I cant do stems any more. Start thinking about ferts and start slowly once CO2 is introduced. Hopefully you will be amazed :D