Blue Gouramis

Billaney

Hi

I need some help and advice on my blue ouramis.

I have a pair of blue/operline gauramis, she is the fattest i have ever seen a gourami and he keeps going a amazing deep blue and chaseing her around the tank so i know he's interested. :P

This is what i have done, there in a 10 gallon tank be themselves, plants for her to hide behind and a cave, i put in some foam and turned the pump/filter off as to not disturb any nest he built. its been 5-6 days now , he has built a sort of nest nothing to flash but i'm assumeing he built it because theres no other bubble making thing in there. But thatsit its come to a grinding halt and i don't want to leave the filter off much longer as i don't know how long they can go without the filter. I do keep adding , very slowly as to not disturb them, some fresh water .

I've feed them up on bloodworm and a mix of flakes.

What can i do ? what should i do ? leave them to themselves ? put the filter on ? leave it off? even put them back in the community tank ? I'm just not sure ? :-All help greatly appercated

Just in case you hadn't seen it, there's a good post re: breeding gouramis either here or in the anabantoids section. I was having a good read through and hit it a couple days ago. I didn't try to find it again for you, but I'm sure the "Subject" line of the post would be good enough to find it pretty quick.

[Edit]

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/viewtopic.php?t=4907

As to your specific q's....Anybody else?

Brian