Power cut had me wondering

Hdoubleu

You could get one of these for the air bubble problem http://www.hollywoodfishfarm.co.nz/product/page/marina-air-pumps/m/1551/

For the heater problem, you could take blankets and throw them over your tank to keep it warm, with the temp dropping gradually they should be fine, look at all the christchurch fishies that survived for a while without electricity :wink:

how long will my little fish (Fighter, Platy and BN) last without their air pump and heater?

thinking of this issue, i have a low sump tank... :smln: with no overflow.. :facepalm:

the only thing i an use is a good mop.. :digH:

• 4 months later...

I know this is a bit late, but 11 days uncovered, no food or water etc for a tank full of cichlids (couldn't get to it as it was in the red zone) and no deaths, another tank lost a few but the fighter survived for 12 days too. Depends on the fish and how consistent you can keep the water temperature really and do everything slowly (even if its cold)

thinking of this issue, i have a low sump tank... :smln: with no overflow.. :facepalm:

the only thing i an use is a good mop.. :digH:

I'm not sure how your tank overflow/ sump is set up, but doesn't your tank overflow reach a certain water level? With mine, if there is a power cut, the water will keep flowing through the overflow into the sump, but it will stop without flooding the room because the overflow piping eventually becomes higher than the dropping tank water level.

Hope I'm making sense!

• 4 weeks later...