Flicking on one side

dom

Hi,

I have 6 Neon Tetras, 2 chain loaches, 1 polka dot laoch, 1 zebra loach 4 small BN's.

I have noticed one chain loach flicking a lot on its side when swimming and sometimes the other loaches do it too. I have not noticed any other fish do this. I am sure there is something wrong with (especially the chain loach). How do I determine what's wrong with him and try to remedy it ? I have a goldfish bowl i could put him in to quarantine and ply him with drugs if I know the right ones to get.

Thanks for any help.

Dom

have a look in the forum on the link, there is thread called Post your funny loach photos and you will see what I mean about them doing weird stuff. Other than that I believe they like clean water as in nature they are usually in rivers with current, though I think these are captive bred so who knows. If he looks sick to you then have a search on here about what Alan mentioned and 'flashing' though.

this is what flashing looks like

now i've seen that video i'm a bit more reassured as that's what they do - some more often and more madly than the others. I have noticed they like a water change - same for the neon tetras.

Thanks for your help.