M A F

skuzza

Should we put pics of things like star fish and other little critters that we get on coral sometimes on here.

Will maf deside no more coral because of what coming in on the small rock base just like the banning of live rock due to the same thing.

PICS OR NO PICS of freebees.

depends if you are purposely breeding unwanted critters then releasing them into the ocean,... or just having a self-contained slice of reef paradise sitting in your lounge to enjoy that just happen to have a few unwanted critters.

do you really think MAF can stop every little unwanted creature coming into nzl? i dont think so. IMO, post the pic for everyone else to enjoy. if MAF come knocking on my door, then they can take all my little green genetically modified copepods that are going to grow legs and destroy nzl's native life :lol: how do you think the moa became extinct :lol:

Chimera - They may do it. They won't take the critters though, just bleech the whole lot, scorched earth policy.

MAF are going to protect NZs oceans with the same attitude they have with the painted apple moth in Auckland, Agent Orange everything and everyone.

Personally I see no need to advertise the fact that things sneak through, best keept as our own little secrets I think.

The same with with Calurpa, if they knew some of us were using taxifola, which is on the noxious pest list I don't think they would cut us much slack. If a piece of rock comes in with Taxifolia the easiest option to ensure it doesn't happen again is to stop the rock.

I don't agree with it, but its the probable scenero.

Then there is the question on if they were really hitchhikers on rock, or imported/smuggeled ilegally and we just pretend they were hitchhikers, like the bule linkia starfish for example.

Pie

What about when you do a water change using you 'just turn the tap' system? The litle bit of calurpa floats in the water, ends up in the ocean, and boom, NZs waterways are dead. Nothing but Calurpa Taxifola and linkia starfish everywhere. All bacause of you James, all because of you. You distroyed it all, all our coast GONE, all our dive spots *GONE*, mussel and fishing industry GONE. You ruined it all for the rest of us, you selfish bastard ;)

Probably turn out that the painted apple moth eats taxifolia ;)

Pie

you saw the ampmaster for sale post then huh? :D no use going half measures with these things. getting a set of streams soon too... :cry: or should i spend the $1k on lotto tickets....

pies, just be careful next time you eat sushi double check the seaweed covering doesnt have some green genetically modified copepods in it...