My first two foot tank! Plus NEW smaller tanks

critter_crazy

So I'm still really new to this, I got my first tank 4 months ago (a 24L aqua one) and have since aquired two new tanks (a 2ft and a 34L). I got asked for a few pictures of my main tank so here they are :D I'm deperately saving for a bigger one! :happy2:

Specs:

Glass standard 2ft tank (60x30x30)

Aqua One Clearview300 hang on filter

Aqua One heater at 28 degrees

Blue gravel, driftwood, ornament, plastic plants and one live one to experiment with

Inhabbitants:

7 x assorted male guppies

3 x albino male guppies

3 x albino cories

1 x GBA

1 x Turquoise Betta

and 3 platties added today

P1040415SMALL.jpg

P1040416SMALL.jpg

P1040417SMALL.jpg

P1040426SMALL.jpg

Go into the goldfish pagoda and ask him to get in contact with you if he ends up with any. I've seen quite a few in his store

they come from my strain aswell, dam i need to find some new strains :facepalm:

So I'm still really new to this, I got my first tank 4 months ago (a 24L aqua one) and have since aquired two new tanks (a 2ft and a 34L). I got asked for a few pictures of my main tank so here they are :D I'm deperately saving for a bigger one! :happy2:

Specs:

Glass standard 2ft tank (60x30x30)

Aqua One Clearview300 hang on filter

Aqua One heater at 28 degrees

Blue gravel, driftwood, ornament, plastic plants and one live one to experiment with

Inhabbitants:

7 x assorted male guppies

3 x albino male guppies

3 x albino cories

1 x GBA

1 x Turquoise Betta

and 3 platties added today

P1040415SMALL.jpg

P1040416SMALL.jpg

P1040417SMALL.jpg

P1040426SMALL.jpg

and if i was you i would change the gravel to a natural colour, just my oppion, also i would bring the temp down a bit to 26-27 as it maybe a bit hot for the guppies

Thats pretty much it for this tank, I've got the other two tanks to set up aswell so I have no idea how I'm going to re-arrange everyone :dunno: The fighter can't be with the male guppies and neither can the female guppies when I get them as I don't want them breeding randomly. I was thinking male guppies, cories and bristlenose in the 2ft, female guppies, platies and betta in the 34L and bubbas in the 24L?? I really have no idea :nilly: anyone with a better plan??

Definately wont be crossing the albinos with others which is why I need to keep males and females seperate. I plan on getting another 2ft for breeding as soon as I can track one down at a good price :) I got this one brand new at HFF for $42 so I'm hoping to get out there soon and get another one. Damn my broken wrist and non-driving-ness :an!gry

Oh no good! If I was coming over your way soon I'd drop off some Water Sprite, it'll grow like a hundred times faster than the plants in there now :P

Doesn't help that they're plastic :o haha

Only the front ones real, picked it up at animates today to see if I could keep it alive :facepalm:

Oh no good! If I was coming over your way soon I'd drop off some Water Sprite, it'll grow like a hundred times faster than the plants in there now :P

I got some watersprite from SamH and I can agree that they grow super fast. I allready gave my neighbour some of mine, when I rearranged my tank yesterday :slfg:

Okay here's my two newest tanks, both are very basic but I'm still playing around. Plus I now have a little live plant (and I havnt killed it yet!!)

Sorry for the awful pictures!

Kitchen tank:

I'm not overly happy with the layout - plan on getting plants for the back, but I love the gravel :D

SMALLP1040472.jpg

Bedroom tank:

I wanted something very basic and low maintenance. Came up with this zen look - very happy with it. My first go with sand! :happy1:

SMALLP1040471.jpg