Does something leech out of black silica sand?

henward

Hey Joshlikesfish, where in Taupo did your mate get the sand?? I am looking for a sand thats dark...but not brown like the Daltons propogating mix. I actually got a beautiful white sand from a local lake whilst hunting...looked really suspicious two grown men with guns on their backs carrying out bags of sand and no dear :D

Im pretty sure that aint sand in his tank. Just the gravel from the bottom of the lake. :wink:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested to know if it's as smooth/fine as this stuff. This is as fine if not finer than the white silica I've had. It's heavier too.

I have white silica sand and the stuff from Taupo is mildly grainier. he might have sum left. ill c if he does u might be able to have sum. He got it from the beach at Pukawa. Right of the boat ramp after the willow tree.

I think at least some of the gold stuff is silt/clay - after humping my little load from one tank to the other there is so much silty stuff in what was rinsed clean I can only assume some of the so called sand was not sand. I still like it anyhoo