Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

More common common names please!

Featured Replies

  • Author

Thats twice that I've wished I could look something up in it since you picked it up, really think I might have to splash out on my own copy some time...

Haha.. yeah I got it back in Denmark in 2002 I think for around 50 NZD. Just checked Amazon, it's 360 USD!!! that's insane how the price can go up that much

  • Replies 77
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, supply and demand is crazy with good books when they go out of print! This book is the Fat-Plants equivalent of Weidners book, after it went out of print used copies skyrocketed in price anywhere from a few hundred to $1k US! Not sure how many sold at that price though. Luckily the author did a second run and I managed to pick up a copy for $40US from his website, signed by him.

Fingers crossed it goes out of print again! :P

  • Author
Thomas what does the Eartheaters book say about A. heckelii? I always thought the "threadfin acara" name was just as 'valid' as "threadfin cichlid' because of the genus Acarichthys. IMO either is much better than "threadfin eartheater/geophagus", but neither is as good as simply calling them "heckelii"...

Mr Weidner does not mention a common name for A. heckelii (good on him :slfg: )

Quote:

"were for a long time numbered among the eartheaters and the tribe Geophagini. The latest wisdow is, however, that they form a separate tribe, the Acarichthyni, within the subfamily Geophaginae (kullander, 1998)"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.