lighting an entire fish room

dragonz1833

hi i have been reading up on this and if i dont have good lighting in my fish room they will lose there colour if i put 4 energy saving bulbs in the room that should do the trick shouldnt it???

as from what i can understand and have read is that you can use any floro tube or incadescent lighting so with my knowledge the energy saving bulbs are mini floros thanks

your opinion will be good as i do look at them alot a day and love there colours i dont breed for the money as much more for the fish thanks

Why not just carry on from your existing fishroom lighting thread? http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52352

Anyway I would recommend you get some lighting at least 6500 even upto 10000k it is nice and white and bright and makes things look good, I had 4300k tubes in my room and it was just dull and really yellow the fish didn't have much colour and none of the plants really grew. This may be an issue when you are getting your energy saver bulbs but I believe there are 6500k bulbs available.

As for 4 energy savers being enough, how big is the room?