Hide and seek

waterlogged

I have rescaped my tank about a week ago and since then my angels have been hiding around the back most of the time.

I've got the front 3rd of the tank open with sand and stone and the other 2 3rds planted with a big peice of wood in the middle. my last set up had the same as this just rearanged differently and they were out the front atleast half the time.

Yet when i was in auckland for the summer these guys were out most the time and the tank was smaller with the same lighting filtration and more plants for them to hide in yet they wanted to hang at the front. There was also move movement infront of the tank up there.

My panda corys have also decieded to hide from me since auckland when they were out to say hello alot.

I was wondering what I could do to try to stop this

This is what my tank looked like in Auckland ( 250L)

Was more heavily planted when I got the angels

Image_1.jpg

This is my set up when I came back from Auckland (300L)

Image_006.jpg

This is mu current set up (300L)

Image_004.jpg

Tank stocking:

6 Angels

4 Kribs

3 SAE

6 Black widow tetras

12 aprox Panda coys

1 Zodiac loach

1 khuli loach

So what can I do to get my pandas and angels back out again?

Maybe just take the rocks off the top of the 2 sand areas in the front corners? Also - if the sand is course instead of smooth they won't spend much time on it. They love silica so might just take a bit of time to get used to the new stuff.

Mine no longer bother trying to sift through the Daltons No.1. It looks like I'm going to go silica in the front again because of that.

found out why my angels were hiding, 2 have spawn and i think the other 4 have paired off too.

why can't I have community fish that don't want to breed.

I know have Panda cories, Golden bristle noses and angels breeding and looks like my Kribs might be pairing off too :facepalm: