Where to get prazi (droncit) if dont have dog(s) ?

wsun013

Yes, I am thinking of de-worm my fish with aviverm (my other recent post) and now thinking to get prazi to get rid of flukes.

Saw in the forum, one can get droncit (for dog) from Vet, but the thing is, I dont have any dogs, can I still get droncit from them ?

Second, I have a 400L tank and I want to do a whole tank de-worm-ing, as 1 pill per 25L ratio, I figure I will need 16 pills of droncit per treatment, but I heard that 1 droncit pill can be used for a 20kg pupp, 16 pills sound like I am treating a lion......so the question is, what is the best way to get 32 droncit pills and how much money I am looking at, as at year 2011 ?

Hope I have done enough homework here and thanks for replies.

I think fenbendazole is easier to get than Droncit, it's brand name is Panacur and is generally sold as a worming liquid for horses and the like. I bought 200ml from a vet for $22 a year or so ago and it was way more than I needed, I think I used about 10ml in a 60cm tank to treat worms. I couldn't find any Droncit as they tend to use Drontal now as it has the other ingredients. I don't know if all vets are the same but that is what I was told when I rang a few places.

I used the fenbendazole by soaking shrimp pellet in it and then feeding to the fish. It makes the water white and cloudy until it has dissipated.

You can get it from HFF, ring and ask. I got some aviverm (levamisole) from Bird Barn in Henderson.

You could probably ask a vet to order it in for you tho?

i tried to get prazi from HFF , they said no. they tried to sell me drontal instead.

There was a thread somewhere saying that only vets could dispense prazi.. I would just do a ring around and try and local droncit tabs or even try for the liquid adtape (this stuff is liquid gold and priced accordingly) there are also various drenches with prazi and levamisole in them that could probably be used..

• 2 weeks later...