Aqua One Aquis CF2400 Filter Questions

geana_wolf

I’m going to be upgrading my filters. My tank currently has two Ehiem 2213 filters and although they seem to be working ok I want to change to a single filter with a bigger water turnover. As with a lot of people at the moment I’m a bit short on money and the Aqua One Aquis CF2400 sounds like it’s an ok filter for a very good price.

My questions are

1) Does what I’ve suggested sound like a good idea?

2) Are the Aqua One Aquis CF2400 quiet compared to an Ehiem? The Ehiems I have are very silent so long as there’s no air trapped in them.

3) Can anyone tell me how much power they use? I’ve tried to Google but I can’t seem to find anything other than that they are economical.

My tank is just a standard 4ft (1220mm X 450mm X 450mm)

Inhabitants are

3 Chocolate Talking Catfish (1 adult and two younger ones)

8 small Angel fish

4 BN’s

10 Black Neon Tetras

3 Julii Corys

Thanks

hi i think you will find that they are stated at using 62Watt which is quite a bit IMO

I think that's the max draw, probably would only draw that when clogged up. But anyway filters like the 404 are rated at 50watts and they flow half the volume. Say you get a filter that uses 25 watts less that's only saving you $4/month. That's nothing.

I think that's the max draw, probably would only draw that when clogged up. But anyway filters like the 404 are rated at 50watts and they flow half the volume. Say you get a filter that uses 25 watts less that's only saving you $4/month. That's nothing.

think it all adds up when you are running say 4+ big externals

are the 404s really that bad?

as my 405 is raterd as only using 20watts :bow:

think it all adds up when you are running say 4+ big externals

are the 404s really that bad?

as my 405 is raterd as only using 20watts :bow:

Pretty sure it said 50 watts on the top of my 404s.

And it all adds up if you're using 4+big externals...But still a fraction of the cost of heating, lighting, feeding, etc.

I'm not sure why you want to change from 2 good quality filters to a single cheap filter? There are many reasons 2 are better then one, more filtration, redundancy, option to move filter to another tank, you can give one filter a good clean with out needing to worry about crashing the tank, and I'm sure many more reasons.

That's pretty good bang for buck :) My only concern would be that it is a new filter so not as tried and true as the other designs but they are still variations on a theme so should be all good, aqua one isn't a bad brand either.

+1 they never seem to come with enough media though

I'm not sure why you want to change from 2 good quality filters to a single cheap filter? There are many reasons 2 are better then one, more filtration, redundancy, option to move filter to another tank, you can give one filter a good clean with out needing to worry about crashing the tank, and I'm sure many more reasons.

Becasue the eheim 2213 only pumps 440L an hour so thats 880L having two and on a 250L tank, so there is only 4x water turnover (if they are still pumping at there max, im not sure if they are). Plus I am planing on getting some smaller tanks for breeding (thinking cory's) and I can use the eheims on these. At lest thats what I was thinking :-?

Becasue the eheim 2213 only pumps 440L an hour so thats 880L having two and on a 250L tank, so there is only 4x water turnover (if they are still pumping at there max, im not sure if they are). Plus I am planing on getting some smaller tanks for breeding (thinking cory's) and I can use the eheims on these. At lest thats what I was thinking :-?

The LPH rating is popular at the moment but only tells a small part of the story when it come to filters, particularly when you consider the higher quality ehiems will probably keep pumping under load where as the cheaper pumps tend to loose pressure far more quickly. Really we should all be measuring filter capacity by of volume and quality of media, the tank turn over doesn't really matter so long as it's not stupidly low and the filters turn over is enough for the media volume.

Breeding tanks a often better with small filters, air powered ones are ideal, canister filters tend to suck up fry.

• 1 month later...

hi, guys, I intend to get a filter as well. I am targetting two brands at same time. Atman uf 2400 and Aqua one cf 2400. I know we are talking about the best one here not the cheapest but according to my affordablity, I have to stay away from fansy ones such as fluvelx5.

now I am quite hesitant between two brands, both of Atman uf 2400 and Aqua One cf 2400 are reaching my requirement in flow rate and volumm but.... Atman has a built-in UV lamp which Aqua One does not.... of course, Aqua One seems a more economic and popular brand

what is the big deal of having a UV facilities, Can I rather not have it. :facepalm:

Most of the UV units in cannister filters are very underpowered - not enough watts for the flow - and are probably a waste of money.

I read this quiet a bit while doing my research into a new filter. Decided if I wanted a uv I would just get a separate one. I Found out I need to move soon so I'm curently down sizing and no longer need the filter :( , I did end up planing to get a Aqua One Nautilus 2700.