New to the Forum & have a problem with my Male Krib

JonathanNZ

Hi

New to the forum, I'm from Manukau in Auckland.

I've been keeping tropical fish for well over a year now after restarting from when I was younger.

I have two tanks (+ 1 emergency), My main community tank is 150 Ltr & what was a 90 Ltr overflow has turned into my Kribensis breeding tank.

I keep;

Bolivian Rams

Kribensis

Neon Tetras

Harlequin Rasboras

Xray Tetras

Ottos

Corys

Bristle nose pleco's

Tuxedo Guppies

My Male Krib;

I purchased my male Kribensis off Trademe from another fish keeper & a female from Hollywoods in Albany.

They started a brood almost immediately & their young are doing well with 30+ @ approx 5 weeks old.

Over the last few days I have noticed a rather different behavior from my male krib. He has stopped eating & has become slower in his movement, his mouth seems to be gulping open a lot more than usual & he is fat.

My guess is that he is constipated.

He's been eating thawed Frozen Brine & New Life Spectrum food.

Can anyone offer me any advise on getting this guy back to his normal happy self again.

Thanks.

Jonathan

They get brine shrimp every day along with the spectrum life food I've been crushing up for their babies.

Any comment on that?

Reason for feeding them the brine shrimp that often is that they love it above any of the other foods I offer them.