dammit! my albino guppy had her babies

arcanine

while i was at work and they are no where to be seen! &c:ry i was going to put her in a guppy breeder trap but she hadn't squared up yet! :an!gry poos! now i have to wait another 3 weeks, there are babies in the tank but they arent hers i dont think as they are normals

found one surviver :happy2: , it is a 200l tank with 4 guppies and 2 bristlenose in it, so hopefully others found refuge from hungry mouths :nilly:

Yay :happy1: Just keep an eye open the whole time and catch the others before they become snacks :o

Yay :happy1: Just keep an eye open the whole time and catch the others before they become snacks :o

lol thats what i did, caught a glimps of one and grabbed my net and started bouncing round till my partner took the lid off the tank (to heavy for me) then sat there trying to find it again for 20 mins, they are very hard to see!

hmmmm i also had this trouble time an time again she would pop randomly before boxing up, so oneday when she was about to pop I put her in a guppy trap, BIG MISTAKE she freaked out while I was away an then still birthed about 40 babies then died :tears: it was very sad an disappointing.

my advice if you "care" for this fish when shes preg split her off into a small heavily planted tank... thats your best bet

BUT this is of course IMO... I will say I had this guppy for about 8months before I decided to put her in a trap, she had offspring in the past but only 2-3 survived per batch an the last few I had were eaten by kribensis an then the last last few were in a tank lost by the earth quake :(

hmmmm i also had this trouble time an time again she would pop randomly before boxing up, so oneday when she was about to pop I put her in a guppy trap, BIG MISTAKE she freaked out while I was away an then still birthed about 40 babies then died :tears: it was very sad an disappointing.

my advice if you "care" for this fish when shes preg split her off into a small heavily planted tank... thats your best bet

BUT this is of course IMO... I will say I had this guppy for about 8months before I decided to put her in a trap, she had offspring in the past but only 2-3 survived per batch an the last few I had were eaten by kribensis an then the last last few were in a tank lost by the earth quake :(

oh dear that sounds awful, i would hate for that to happen as she is my only albino female. on a good note i found two more!! :happy1: they blend in very well! hopefully 1 or 2 of these guys are female

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
while i was at work and they are no where to be seen! &c:ry i was going to put her in a guppy breeder trap but she hadn't squared up yet! :an!gry poos! now i have to wait another 3 weeks, there are babies in the tank but they arent hers i dont think as they are normals

I had the same problem with my swordtails, the remaining fry are 2 weeks old now,in a separate tank.