green arow vs giant pink gurami ???

albinomike

Theres a giant gourami on TM at the moment, not pink tho... Arows are cool but I thikn the gourami would be better. They look amazing and scary, and dont jump and get as nervouse as arowanas do. Iv only had a couple of silver aros so not sure of the temperment of the greens.

Both are lovely fish tho, good choices!

Arowanas IMO are much more appealing, the big G's in HFF stores are ugly as hell, especially that one in Roskill. If you keep them together I would say have the aro a little bigger than the G, I have seen them get quite aggressive - big tank needed too.

i love both but GG (Giant gouramies) are extremely problematic, They are violent and robust.

Most robust than an aro. IN fact i had one that gave a 40 cm jar a run for its money!!!

Stories of GGs eating the eye balls of aros and other fish are common on MFK.

but if you are choosing one or the other... well it coesm down to pros and cons

only you can decide

aros are more majestic - but more expensive, aros are really a trophy fish for me.

GG are cheap and easy to care for, robust and really EATS ANYTHING!

but end of the day, what do you like more - reason i ask is that you cannot have both in the same tank.

Your chances of success is small and if you do want to make it work, a very very large tank with lots of fish is the way to go. I mean lots of fish that willd istract both fish!!

I would go arowana, but then aagain they are my obsession 8)

but gg are cool too! and they chase your fingers - and they eat lots which is cool.

call around

hollywood fish farm is my first bet, ask if they have someon the list.

they are relatively available and common, nothing too hard to come by. just timing really.

call them and ask, awsoem fish!

grows rapidly!

mine grew about 1.5 to 2 inches a month!!

will et anything, dont splash out on expensive food on them, no point, i have had 3 in the past - just guy the cheap aqua one economy stuff, good value and cheap. no point of feeding really expensive food.

Or een carrots or peas

the thing fraser is that i think they are so ugly, they are awesome!:D

i know you dont like that, but they are ugly, and really quite unappealing in alot of ways and i thin thats what makes them novelty.

plus they get huge and look disgusting when older, awesxome!!

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder . They are awsome fish and would not buy 1 if i didnt like the look of them . I do thank every1 for there thoughts tho.

Ive ordered 1 in but are the gold giant gouramis the same as a pink cos thats wot i was told ???? :D