Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DIY Fry cage

Featured Replies

This is certainly not rocket science but thought I'd share..

Bought a plastic toy box at the warehouse for $2, cut out the sides and siliconed plastic flyscreen mesh inside all 4 sides. Then I'll just hang it over the side of the tank with some string and weights..

Hoping it will be a good place to keep a bunch of Geophagus babies until they are big enough for their own tank. (that is of course if my Geos finally have a succesful batch.)

24032011132.jpg

  • Author
Any reason why you're not going to leave them with the parents?

Well I've gone through several spawns now where they do manage to fertilize a small number of eggs through the divider in that tank and all is well for a few days where both parents participate in parenting until out of nowhere one of them gets a taste for geo baby an swallows hard and then they are gone...

So the next time I get a decent size batch and I see them swimming around I'll rush in there and fish out the babies before the parents know what hit them, hehe.

  • Author
That is a great breeding net :)

Good luck with the fish! Maybe you need to strip them next time?

Ryan I guess by stripping you mean catching them and opening their mouth to let the young out?

I remember doing that years ago with some G. steindachneri. But they were much smaller fish..

I think my Geo couple are nearly full size now and the thought of handling them scares me a bit.. as in a whole bunch of chaotic splashing and fry flying everywhere. I will consider it though thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.