Advice please

matildanz

I've decided I need a new tank. I love the quirkyness of the old fibreglass one BUT it's just too deep for me to clean properly or trim plants so I'm looking at a 2nd hand 'Aqua One 150'. The current tank is around 500l so I'd be losing around 130l. Will this have an adverse affect on my current clowns? All the research I've come up with say that 5ft is the smallest length recommended but also it shouldn't be any less than 500l, so I'm not sure what to do. I can't fit a longer tank in the lounge so 5ft is about my limit.

Also this tank comes complete with 6 clowns and asst bristlenoses - what do I do regarding quarantining? I know the seller and she's fastidious with her fish care (I'd be more concerned about my fish giving hers something dodgy!!) I'd have to tear my tank down to put the new one up so my fish would have to be housed in my old 3 footer but since hers aren't 'fish shop' fish would the quarantining be necessary? I'm thinking no, but I don't want 11 floating clowns!!

Lastly and probably most importantly , I have 5 clowns (at least that's what went in the tank, haven't seen them all for a few days!), same with the 5 kuhlis, 5 rainbows, 2 GBA and around 30 neons - will this tank be big enough for all these guys??

Cheers guys

The tank size requirements for clowns depends on what size they are, they get quite big but grow quite slowly. I have only 7 in my ~450 liter tank and would be hesitant to add any more big clowns, but some of mine are getting pretty big now. The "large" one's you get at pet shops I could have 20-30 in my tank and not be worried about running out of space for a couple of years or more.