water unsafe after earthquake?

burrowssj

Just wondering if its still safe to use the water out of tap for fish tank refills? ive lost about 80litres out of my tank an stock has increased since the quake due to breakages and i really need to do a water change in the next couple of days...

what do you guys reckon?

also will my freshwater master test kit be able to pickup any bad things in tap water?

Just wondering if its still safe to use the water out of tap for fish tank refills? ive lost about 80litres out of my tank an stock has increased since the quake due to breakages and i really need to do a water change in the next couple of days...

what do you guys reckon?

also will my freshwater master test kit be able to pickup any bad things in tap water?

People in chirstchurch have been told to boil water before drinking as there might be contamination. Some stuff that may have been settled in the pipe becore the earthquake might of been sturred up and it could be harmfull to the fish maby if people are getting sick from the water i dont think you should use the tap water. If you can just go and buy some bottled water to be on the safe side

thanks everyone il be sure to post if any deaths arrise but my filter is going pretty strongly :D good ole fluval external

also made me laugh about buying bottled water to fill up tank :lol: , its like a 150L water change xD would cost huge amounts an thats if you could even find a shop that had any in stock :P

thanks everyone il be sure to post if any deaths arrise but my filter is going pretty strongly :D good ole fluval external

also made me laugh about buying bottled water to fill up tank :lol: , its like a 150L water change xD would cost huge amounts an thats if you could even find a shop that had any in stock :P

Lol i know but it depends what fish u had in it lol