what should i get??

plecs

hi guys,

for those that dont know i work in a pet shop. I am doing the fish order tomorrow and want to get some interesting fish in.

I have looked at the order lists and wondered if anyone fancied giving their advice please!

Fire Eel: concerned about what fish i could put this in with!

american flagfish: a killi. does it have to live with other killi's?

dwarf hara hara catfish: cant find anything on these guys.

thats it, the rest i have found info on. If anyone has suggestions for fish i should keep and eye out for then that would be great!

thanks guys, :hail: you rock

plecs

The Dwarf Hara hara Cat's (or Moth Catfish) are neat....tiny, but a neat little fish.

They stay very small (around 4-5cm or so), so I don't think they're suited to living with bigger fish such as large Angels or bigger cat's as they may be eaten. They behave just like tiny Banjo Catfish (ie. they don't move very much and you have to careful that you don't suck them up when cleaning the tank). I have read that they prefer slightly cooler water, doing best at about 20-22*C. They have been bred in aquariums as well, so they would be a neat fish to try. I don't know if they would sell that well in your shop, as I don't think that many people would want them, but it depeands on the people that come into the shop.

Hope this helps a bit...

Cheers, CatBrat.

That the only killi?? :cry:

They'll be okay in a community tank if you want.

They aren't sure if they want to be a cichlid type spawn, or just drop them into a passing bush.

An interesting fish tho,

Shae, :evil: What do you mean they are exacty stunning killies.

All killies are stunning, just that some are more so.

So wash your mouth out with soap.

Alan 104

Well all killies are definatly cool, but the Flag isnt colour wise, nothobranchius palamquisti is!! You make it sound like i hated the Flags, But i love all killies and dont have a problem with them at all, infact if i could get my hands on a pair i would deffinatly get them. But what i meant was similiar to you as is that the only killies :(

Now i killie i really want is the australes, got any eggs from yours yet Alan?

Shae

hi all, thanks for the suggestions.

ordered a dwarf hara hara, hope it goes ok! Peppermint and gold nugget plecs, oh and a golden red eyed pleco. some different syno's. and the rest were pretty standard fish.

will get the fire eel next week! and hope there is more interesting stuff on the list than there was this week!

thanks guys :bow:

plecs