Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AR 850

Featured Replies

  • Author

Ok, what I mean is, the tank comes with this lighting: 2 x 30" 25 watt T8 bulbs, 1 x 23.5" 20 watt T8 bulb. I'm just starting out with a planted tank, are these lights adequate for plant growth and if not what should I replace them with? One of the bukbs has a distinctly purple light, does this have a purpose or is it just cosmetic, my fish seem to like it!! Hope this makes things clearer.

Those tanks are good for plants. Have a search through the forum and you'll find plenty posts about the lights on aq one tanks and how they are for plants :D

Even the 620T does really well for plants. You have to choose suitable plants; so something like glosso would be unrealistic.

From what I remember what P44 said, plants will grow differently under pink lighting, and differently again under blue.

I think he said the higher the K rating the better the growth.

We couldn't find T5s at the lengths needed for the 850, but I guess that doesn't mean they're not available.

The pink stock ones in the aq one tanks are powerglos. Those are good for plants. I have seen some dull pink ones and they are aq glos I think. Also good for plants.

Plant growth - good colours are 6500K, 9000K, 10000K, (halides- 14000K), 18000K only if they are powerglos / plant pros.

I'd be putting in 3 powerglos in that tank.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.