My Kribs are driving me CRAZY !

Billaney

Hi Everyone

My kribs dug themselves a cave under the driftwood in my 25 gallon tank about 10 days ago, the female is hardly ever out of the cave and it must be pretty roomy in there because the male can fit in too,

Whats driving me crazy is the waiting, they MUST have layed eggs, they MUST have hatched by now, so it should be any time now they bring the fry out for a look around.

This tank was shared with my wifes guppies , i gave a lot of thought to moving either the kribs after the babies were free swimming or moving the guppies now, after reading a lot i decided the kribs would eat the babies if moved them.

The wife would kill me if her guppies died...neither good

So i've installed a tank devider, both still in same tank same conditions, neither can get to the other, are these things as good an idea as they seem ?

Ten days to wait huh - oh heck that's too long! This afternoon I was going to move my kribs to another tank, fished them out very easily and then when I went to move their home (upturned small plant pot) there were eggs in it - yippee my first spawning (I think!). So I left it there and put the fish back in again - have I signed their death warrant????

hi

Its basicly just a plastic sheet with lots of fine holes. i got this one from Animalz's Mirimar, but the side peices were missing so i had to get some stuff from Mitre 10 and addapt it, seems to work well

they did have some complete but smaller ones left.

Krib babies would be approx 1/3 the size of guppys.

I use glass with a split airline for the edges, this stops the glass from jambing and also stops the babies getting thru.

I''ve seen other fish "suck" the babies thru the little gaps.

The water doesn't need to "flow".

I have mine into gravel, over the top of an u/g filter.

Luck with the kribs.

Alan 104