What filter?

fish_tank0311

If you've got the money buy the filter then instead of moaning about the price, if you want happy fish put your hand in your pocket. What you may save on filtration now will probably be used on meds when the fish get sick. Wow you must get a very good allowance to do all that with no income.

If you've got the money buy the filter then instead of moaning about the price, if you want happy fish put your hand in your pocket. What you may save on filtration now will probably be used on meds when the fish get sick. Wow you must get a very good allowance to do all that with no income.

That is completely incorrect you don't need to spend money to have healthy fish it is amazing how many people believe this and buy tons of stuff they don't need. You can keep big tanks perfectly stable and very healthy fish with just water changes if you wanted to, people have been keeping all sorts of fish with just bubble filters or undergravel for many years with no issues.

Really??

Dont have to spend money??

I havent seen any free tanks, stands or offers of free fish food lately, i also havent seen any free filters, heaters or fish either, not to mention lights, ornaments, gravel, rockery, driftwood or power and even water costs money these days.

The person with this tank was asking about filters, which are not free.

How many of your tanks cost nothing to setup & nothing to run Ryan? What do you feed them on, water ? lol

Filters, heaters etc are recommended on all tanks and they are unfortunately not free, this person also owns a 400ltr marine tank which to setup & run would be far from free.

Unfortunately if you want something in this life you will have to pay for it, it's called reality.

Really??

I havent seen any free tanks, stands or offers of free fish food lately, i also havent seen any free filters, heaters or fish either, not to mention lights, ornaments, gravel, rockery, driftwood or power and even water costs money these days.

How many of your tanks cost nothing to setup & nothing to run Ryan? What do you feed them on, water ? lol

Filters, heaters etc are recommended on all tanks and they are unfortunately not free, this person also owns a 400ltr marine tank which to setup & run would be far from free.

Unfortunately if you want something in this life you will have to pay for it, it's called reality.

Well i dont get any allowance from my parents. if you read my posts you will learn i make some money from selling mollies which are breeding, and plants.

You gotta spend money at some stage or the other.

Not everything is going to be free in life. You must excuse most of us on here who have been around for a while fish tank... We have seen far too many people join up on here hoping to take advantage of people's good intentions and gestures. Not saying you are one of them; but there are a lot of people that have undoubtedly shattered faith in the goodwill system.

Really??

lol I didn't mean spend nothing, I meant you don't have to spend lots to have your fish stay away.. I read your post above as saying that he should cough up for a CF1200 or his fish will die, in reality he can probably get a filter for $10-20 off trademe or from a petshop that would be perfectly fine. Sure a CF1200 would be better but if you don't have the $$'s you buy what you can afford that will do the job.