help hot weather and axolotl

shelties

Hi there,

Yet again I am typing for advice ( being relatively new to axy ownership) as the hot weather is keeping the tank temperature around 22 degrees celcius and the highest it has gone is 23. I have read temperatures this high for axys can cause fungus. I am putting ice on the top of the water in a container and using ice packs behind the tank but this only brought the temperature down to 21.9 and overnight it stayed constant at 22.4. Do I need to put her in a container with tank water in the fridge while it is so hot or should I not worry about these temperatures? Any help would be much appreciated from axy owners. Thanks.

Point a desk fan to the surface of the water, will help a lot as the evaporation will cool the water.

This is what I use on my 400 lt coldwater tank and yesterday was the first that it came up over 23 for a while. It hit 23deg yesterday even though yesterday was cooler than it has been as the humidity was at over 80% so very little available cooling.