animates in the albuny mega auckland centre are noobs

jarrodrussell

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I agree with "Black Sabbath". And we didn't say we disliked Animates. I've bought a tropical fish tank, dog stuff from animates in "Manukau" with good customer support and advice from most of the member. And i love the animates in "Mt.roskill" with the different variety of discus. This animates that is in "Albany" was just a put off because the fact that there were a lot of dead fishes and the staff members didn't notice the dead fish until we mention about it. This thread isn't about "Hating Animates" thread. Just to express how we felt about that certain section of the store. Yes, the staff member could of been working in another section of the store. But we ditch before asking anymore question.

That is because they come in as BABY DISCUS!

No one knows what colour form they are. :facepalm:

Again, I'll rephrase that seeing as saying it twice is clearly not enough. They wholesale as baby discus - no colour / species / variety mentioned. Don't buy it if you don't like it.

Or would you prefer it if they made the name up and you bought it; then months later found out the hard way (the only way) that it is another colour form? :facepalm:

That is because they come in as BABY DISCUS!

No one knows what colour form they are. :facepalm:

Again, I'll rephrase that seeing as saying it twice is clearly not enough. They wholesale as baby discus - no colour / species / variety mentioned. Don't buy it if you don't like it.

Or would you prefer it if they made the name up and you bought it; then months later found out the hard way (the only way) that it is another colour form? :facepalm:

They could have at least explained it like that.

I find down here they are pretty clueless as well.

Some are okay. But most.. idk.

The free water testing is good :P

They give strange advice though. Like a community aquarium MUST be at a pH of 7.0. Even though there was only tetra... 6.4 will kill them? :dunno: :facepalm:

Hey! Its true. Black ghost knives will also shock their victims to death and over night your whole tank will be dead.

The wholesaler should atleast know what the parent's colour strain is shouldn't they?...and even though it was labelled as baby discus, they should atleast know what the baby discus might turn out to be based on the parents strain

I agree with you there, they should know what they're selling, or at least try to find out.

Phoenix, they're not saying they want the proper strain (would be great if they could), they just want to know what their discus will eventually look like ie blue, red or yellow with green squiggles or red dots.

All I can say is "it is what it is"......A petstore, not a LFS. I agree that some branches may have bad service and some of the tanks may be have dead fish floating about, but it's about educating NZ's largest chain of petstore's on how to look after animals they have never kept before. It'll take time....

Let's put this into perspective people. Don't get me wrong, I don't work for Animates or care much for it but, if you are are true hobbist you're not going to spend that much time in there anyway.

To cut a long rant short, it's not even worth another thread..... :facepalm:

...unless they are trying to troll me???

when do school holidays end again? :facepalm:

Agree with fordayzbro, going into animates and getting upset that they can't identify the colour strain of their "baby discus" is like going to McDonalds and complaining that the sauce in your bigmac is slightly over-seasoned and the coke is 3 degrees above its ideal serving temperature.....