Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

UV STERILIZERS

Featured Replies

Hmmm perhaps ponds are different but I had a UV on the tank to help clear a whitespot outbreak then, when I had fish dying in the pond, I added it to the pond. The fish stopped dying (but that may have been coincidence) but I had a sudden outbreak of blanket weed that I had never seen in the pond before. It started to smother everything. I turned the UV off and the blanket weed died. :-?

This seems the opposite of what others are saying on using them on a tank :dunno:

It's likely you had algae in the water that was using up all the nutrients, killing the algae would stop it being consumed and the dieing algae would also add to it. Blanket weeds feeds by pulling it's nutrients directly from the water unlike most plants that have there roots in substrate

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.