Swim bladder issue with fav delhezi :(

Fruju

So my favourite delhezi affectionately named Honda :dunno: got a swim bladder problem on Christmas day :tears:.

I looked up possible problems, and I hope it's just constipation rather than an injury or a virus, I have treated him in an epsom salts bath, tried feeding peas (won't eat them) and have put him in a shallow bucket of water changing the water every few hours. I have had this issue before in other fish and none have survived, however this is the first time I have decided to treat it. I really don't want to lose this guy! Anything else I can do? Has anyone actually had success 'curing' this?

potential build up of gas, but usually that 'blows' over relatively soon, this seems more prolonged. Food doesn't tend to stay in the tank long due to the inhabitants, except for the peas :sick:.

Not a common issue, the closest examples have been small amounts of gas which have passed within a few hours, or a severe swim bladder disturbance that kills the fish super fast - this was not limited to just bichirs - many other things such as datnoids have had this in my tank. Not a common problem for me.

Update: Looks like he's perked up a bit in the bucket, keeping on doing many water changes in the bucket keeping it fresh. Gonna do one last epsom salts bath tonight before bed then put him in the main tank again and see how he goes.

EPSOM SALTS HELP! USE THIS ON FISH WITH SWIM BLADDER ISSUES.

Cannot swim right, lists around, and cant keep balance, doesnt eat. pretty much as soon as it has it its gone :tears:

Sucks dude, everything in tank is fine: water perfect, tankmates fine, tank size fine, feeding fine - dont know why the hell it got this problem!

Just gonna have to get a couple new dels I think.

Does anyone have a male delhezi for sale? got a female in the mood, but the male I have is a grandpa - too old for her I think, shows no interest.