Rapid flesh destroying bacteria, furan + pimafix?

sharn

Can you use Furan-2 at double strength with Pimafix at regular strength?

My synodontis had sore a appear overnight, which rapidly spread to the other side of its bottom, nose, gill and behind pectoral in two days. I excluded him to hospital tank at 27C, and treated with Furan-2 at double strength. It slowed but did not halt the spread of the flesh eating bug and fungus developed on day four. I applied topical treatments of meth blue three times daily, but the fungus would not let go. I also tried a salt bath, and still fungus does not let go. This morning I did a 3/4 w/c, and added the reccomended dose of Pimafix plus a tablespoon of salt and the fish is still alive- from being upside down nearly dead, to becoming upright and much more lively despite much dislike to being taken out of the water three times a day until now and a very holey net from his fins. Would like to see him better as this is becoming unfair on him (and I bet his breeding partner misses him too) so want to use both treatments if Pimafix has no result overnight.

I would just use a normal dose of furan a double dose wont achieve much as it is an antibiotic.. I think the pimafix is natural so might be ok with the furan but it is not usually a good idea to dose with 2 different drugs at the same time without knowing how they will react it could turn toxic and nuke the fish..

Thanks

Jaxxnz- so you have used the two together successfully?

Ryan- I know it is not usually advised, I was hoping someone may have had past experience or seen it suggested on other websites.

I will see how he goes overnight, but if its not fixed with these meds I have no other treatment ideas.