Wooh pk!

Trilobite

Why must you be so far away?!

I know! :( I see awesome fish on trademe and I get real excited then I scroll down and it says 'buyer must pick up'... you Aucklanders have all the luck :roll:

I've got all the players for my project now.

My female wont know what to expect when she sees this guy :o :evil: he better be gentle

I don't know of any plakats being bought into the country in the last year that are not giants but then again I certainly don't know everything. I would think by the look of him that he is a giant. Find out from the shop if he was from the supplier or from a local breeder.

He looks very nice. I have found that giants are harder to keep than standard fighters.

I've named him Exterminator 8)

I got him from trademe http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =330135272

he was the father of the spawn they were selling and I asked if they would sell the father to me. They also gave me his daughter whos a pk too!! :D she is normal sized but then again she is young.

they've got him x red HM on tm

I have found that giants are harder to keep than standard fighters

thats what I was afraid of :-? a part of me is hoping he is just big boned

You probably know that I have giants as well as my ordinary fighters. I've purchased 3 over the last couple of years, the first one wouldn't breed and died after about 2 months. My yellow male which I purchased earlier this year is still going strong, I have had 2 spawns from him crossed with a female hm (not plakat) but he would only breed with one female and slaughtered every other female that came near him. His progeny are growing well and are showing both plakat and longfin hm traits. I have never, in the 3-4 months I have owned him, seen him eat a single scrap of food. The other giant male I purchased at the same time as him spawned once, promptly ate the eggs and then died quickly about 3 weeks later.

I have been told that there is less than a 30% chance of successfully breeding from a giant as by the time they arrive here they are normally too old. I hope this is not the case.

How big is he in cm and how deep is his body (top of back to under the belly area).

Aw that sucks about your other giants. What colour were they?

They sound like real challenges :evil:

At least you got some offspring to keep the giant population alive in NZ :bow:

he is meant to be 10 months old and is about 5.5 cm long and his body 1.5 cm deep (...he doesnt live in here by the way)

pk4.jpg?t=1290231248

I'm now slightly wishing he isnt a giant. I really want more pks and he sure looks like he could destroy my female if he decides he hates her.

He's definitely a giant with a body that deep. He may be gentle and if he does breed it will be worth having the fry in the country as well. 10 months old is getting on for breeding so I wouldn't wait too long if you are going to give it a go. How old is the daughter that you were given? Apparently they are supposed to grow to about 8cm.

Hey Adrienne - did any of your giants happen to have a spawn of blue female fighters? Just asking because I bought a blue female from you a while ago and she is HUGE! the biggest (normal) fighter Ive ever seen if she is a normal one... :-) Hard to find a male to match her size lol, will put a pic of her on tonight.

Hes blown a bubblenest already :D now I've got to finish conditioning the female and hope for the best when they meet each other.

would breeding the largest daughter back to the father be the best way to get full sized giants back?

his daughter is about 5 months old and is slightly smaller than a nomal sized female.

Hey Adrienne - did any of your giants happen to have a spawn of blue female fighters? Just asking because I bought a blue female from you a while ago and she is HUGE! the biggest (normal) fighter Ive ever seen if she is a normal one... :-) Hard to find a male to match her size lol, will put a pic of her on tonight.

No - the only spawns I have are in my tanks waiting to grow up a bit more - this is what they look like now at 10 weeks old.

halfgiant.jpg