Whos got Clown knife(or bgks)? -Pictures

REEVESTA

Hey guys.

got any pics of your CKs? Im just interested to see who has them and see how big they are?

Mine is only 10cm and has growen 2cm since I got him.

Pics are from when I got him. He isn't out atm so cant get a good picture of him. Sorry about the quality of the pics he's not much of a poser. :lol:

k4ccpamu.jpg

knm422ma.jpg

vfbk424y.jpg

and with flash

v0eyjqit.jpg

His spots are alot more vivid now and is alot fatter than in the pics

welcoem to the CK club!!

CKs are under rated, most ly probably cos they are pigs and they grow large and most peole cant house them.

how big is your tank?

what else is with it.

anyways, ho pe itseating pellets.

i have 2 CKs in same tank, one is not gonna grow more, stunted due to injury when little.

the other is a high spot specimen - getting larger byt he day!! going for 45plus cm:D very timid fella

i liek the patterns on yours! the two spots above each other

they will get bigger as they get older

and i find they always develop a few more when they get 30cm plus.

anyways,

just some questions cos im curious

DIET? TANK MATes and tank size?

here is a vid with my ones in. love clown knives!

in this vid are also 2 large BGKs

welcoem to the CK club!!

CKs are under rated, most ly probably cos they are pigs and they grow large and most peole cant house them.

how big is your tank?

what else is with it.

anyways, ho pe itseating pellets.

i have 2 CKs in same tank, one is not gonna grow more, stunted due to injury when little.

the other is a high spot specimen - getting larger byt he day!! going for 45plus cm:D very timid fella

i liek the patterns on yours! the two spots above each other

they will get bigger as they get older

and i find they always develop a few more when they get 30cm plus.

anyways,

just some questions cos im curious

DIET? TANK MATes and tank size?

here is a vid with my ones in. love clown knives!

in this vid are also 2 large BGKs

Hes in a 60cm tank atm till hes big enough for the ornate, he will be moved to the 260L tank. I will be getting a six footer some time soon hopfuly just need to find one in chch, hes with geos atm and will go with the ornate when hes bigger.

Eating heaps of cichlid gold, and some prawn but he seems to like pellets more.

you are going to stunt him in a 60cm tank , Clowns are great knifes to have , i sadly had to part with my 2 , due too arowana aggression issues :(

Yeah it will stunt, it should grow as fast as my old one did, got to around a foot within about 3-4 months :o

I sold my high spot CK because I felt that it gets too big for my 6ftr, + with all the other fish in with it such as jardini it would be too crowded.

I sold my high spot CK because I felt that it gets too big for my 6ftr, + with all the other fish in with it such as jardini it would be too crowded.

clown%20featherback%20record.jpg

Good move. IMO they're just one of those fish that far too many people attempt to keep, and sadly most never reach their full potential of being monsters well over 2' long.

OP the 6' tank should be ok, not ideal but ok, for some time, especially if you can stretch to 30" wide.