Grape Vine

dreams

Has anyone used dried grape vine in their tanks?

I'm gonna be setting up a nano planted tank and was thinking of using grape vine for the hardscape.

Reasons;

1.Because shops don't have very thin stick driftwood

2.I live in Auckland, so its hard to nice driftwood (apart from Rangitoto - too far)

3. I have access to dried grape vines :D

4. Grape vines already have very interesting shapes and don't have excessive bark on them

I've started soaking some vines for testing for a week now and they don't seem to want to sink,

so will need to tie them down in the tank.

Anyone else tried this? or any alternatives? :hail:

Cheers

I havnt used grapevine but i are currently useing some sort of vine i brought from a lfs and it looks great in my amazon tank although i did notice for a while some type of jelly stuff coming out of the wood which i was able to just pic it off. So i would think grapevine would be fine good luck.

I have not used it myself, but have seen on overseas forums that people do use it. I was going to use it this season as I cut the vine right back last year before I thought about it. Now just got to wait for this seasons crop to grow and then I can cut it back and use the vines in my Cupido tank.