Striatum fry

oneeyedfrog

Ive got some striatum fry :bounce:

I got some striatum from Zev a month or two ago and have just left them to it to see if anything happened. The plants are taking over and it's looking rather "natural". I've seen them chasing each other around- couldn't spot any eggs though.

After reading about Sophia and Mr T's success I had a hunt around the plants and found 4 eggs- I've popped them in a separate container floating in the tank for what seems like ages - but is probably only a week (patience is not one of my virtues :D )- I can see the tiny fish developing inside them.

Anyway I was mucking around this evening in the tank and saw a tiny fry darting around. Spotted 2 tiny and one larger one so there may be a few more in there. :bounce:

I ran excitedly into the lounge to tell the family - the girls were keen but hubby just rolled his eyes. oh well

I think I might be turning into a fish geek. :oops: I've been looking daily at the eggs with a magnifying glass and also using it to watch my sterbai fry scoff their dinner.

Only a month more to wait before I can try hatching the korth eggs Barrie sent me