2 x CF1200 for a 700L tank?

the-obstacle

Hi,

This weekend I'm picking up my first big tank and was wondering if 2 CF1200 would filter it sufficiently? It's 1500x750x650ish so fairly deep and tall. I'm happy to use powerheads for circulation and will hopefully add a sump to the mix at a later date. I'm not going to run very high stock levels either as I'm hoping to build up a SA biotope for pandas with some geos or rams and a tetra school of some sort but that's all a long way off. for now I need to build a stand and get the filtration right.

Any thoughts? Am I dreaming?

Hi,

This weekend I'm picking up my first big tank and was wondering if 2 CF1200 would filter it sufficiently? It's 1500x750x650ish so fairly deep and tall. I'm happy to use powerheads for circulation and will hopefully add a sump to the mix at a later date. I'm not going to run very high stock levels either as I'm hoping to build up a SA biotope for pandas with some geos or rams and a tetra school of some sort but that's all a long way off. for now I need to build a stand and get the filtration right.

Any thoughts? Am I dreaming?

Should be ok as long as you don't stock it too heavily.

Thanks all. I'll give it a go and worst case they can supplement the sump will be added at a later date.

I am assuming you know that HFF have a special on these filters at the moment?

Exactly why I'm wondering :) I'll grab one this weekend and start it cycling on my 75L so it's ready to go once the stand and tank are sorted.