Goldfish colour change with age

northland chic

Hi all, just bought some goldfish the other day. Seller sent the wrong fish and I have said I would pay for that one if we could keep it and still send the ones I originally paid for. Seller has cme back to say it is a nice black oranda and worth $20 + $10 postage (paid $10 per fish +$10 postage for originally purchased fish). At present the fish is light gold whitish head and a speckled bronze bum. Not a black scale on it. IS it possible it could go black eventually? From what I know of fish they start off bronze and change to gold eventually some even go through a black stage on their way to gold. I know that price still isn't high and if he is really from the good trade me breeder he will be spectacular. But wondering if this is happening because of the muck up and he doesnt really know what he sent me. Also should I have to pay postage again? I didn't think so because it wasn't my fault? Thanks

It is a difficult one.. He sent you the wrong fish, technically he should now send you what you paid for and pay you to send the wrong fish back if he wants it back but it depends on what you are both happy with, obviously you have now got a nice fish that you want to keep so it would make sense to me to pay for it. I have been in the same situation was sending 2 boxes of fish and addressed them wrong so each person got each others fish, I came to an agreement with the people that they would both repay shipping and I would send them their original fish and they could keep the old ones, they were both happy with this because it meant they got a heap of free fish for stuff all $$'s lol Luckily they were both setup for africans at the time.

End of they day just work it out with him, if he is a good breeder then ask him why the fish is not the colour you would expect and if it would change colour.

His mistake, he needs to pay for it so you are not out of pocket.

A black fish will not start off light and go black but a black fish can go lighter. I have also had a totally orange fish go totally white in the body with orange fins.

It has been years since I have seen a truly black black moor in NZ as they are now rather inbred and all tend to have a very noticeable bronze tint to them.

omg i am the one that got your 3 fish!! 1 white 1 orange and 1 bronze, so you got my fish! so its not black? he wants me to pay for the ones that he sent me but i dont want them as i have enough orange white and bronze orandas. so i think i will send them back if he will refund my money. but i dont want the one that you got if its not black because thats what i paid for. i dont know how to add a photo of the "black" oranda i bought, but in the photo it has a white head with a orange line inbetween then a black back/body