October 18, 201015 yr comment_400022 Can you breed mollies in brackish if so can i get a bit of advise sexing ect Report
October 18, 201015 yr comment_400035 They should breed better in brackish. Males have a Gonopodium and a larger dorsal fin than females Report
October 19, 201015 yr comment_400209 I've been breeding Mollies for the last 3 years and have found them easiest to breed in freshwater tropical with most adult females dropping between 40-80 fry depending on size. With each water change I add about half a handful of tonic salt. Most Mollies you buy through petshops are in freshwater so you'd need to transition them to brackish slowly. I feed mine flake, crisps, shrimp pellets, bloodworms, bbs (hatched ad decap) and daphnia. Have Mollies from the swamp in Turangi and would suggest these may be more suitable for a brackish tank setup....they seem to be more hardy than their petshop pals If you do a search (top of page next to FAQ) here on forum for Mollies or Mollys I'm sure you'll find lots of other helpful info. HTH Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.